August 31, 2007
A Chef Faces His Worst Fears - WSJ.com
August 27, 2007
bacon mat 4 mike
Could there be anything more beautiful than an entire sheet of crispy bacon? Ideas for best utilization of this marvel of culinary technology:
1) after forming it, drape the mat over a bowl and baking it so that it formed a cup. (as i said in Kathie's post, "Take THAT, taco salad bowls made of deepfried tortillas!")
2) Set a beautiful, perfectly poached egg on top. I think poached eggs are more attracive on a plate than fried eggs, but i guess you could use a fried egg.
3) Bacon sticks together well during cooking, so I'm pretty sure that it would stay together enough to form the base of a canapé.
4) Paint the BaconMat™ with beaten egg yolk so that the design cooks in a different color. (this was baked, btw)
5) You could ''brand'' the BaconMat™ with initials and use them as edible placecards.
What else? Any suggestions?
August 24, 2007
LA Lunchbox kitchen wisdom restaurant reviews: "By the time Felix connected with Netty of Netty’s in the Spring of 2006, there were already multiple offers for the business; Sara Levine, Joanna Minneci and Tender Greens, among others, all wanted the chance to reinvent the visible Silver Lake corner."
I've never looked for a restaurant space in silverlake... so, um, HUH? .I was on the original BLOGEBRITY list, i have to post this to claim my link. If you're reading this, just ignore it. kthxbai
August 23, 2007
So here i am, in my car,
I realize that i have all the ingredients for it in the car right now, but i'm not going to bust out and whip up some salad dressing on the tailgate of my Element.
Last thing I ate or drank: undressed salad
Technorati Tags: Food and Drink in Los Angeles
August 17, 2007
Original post: http://www.ashwinkhanna.com/archives/19
Because, hey, why not!?