Actually, we get requests from time to time, from nice enough folks, asking if they can send stuff so we could post nice things on the blog.
uh, that's the "royal we", which means, "I", since I'm the only person who posts on this blog... but I digress...Companies are welcome to forward products to me for reviews on ChefBlog. I will also accept invitations to restaurants and other food service establishments for the purposes of a formal review.
I am quite opinionated, and I've been told I'm a rather good writer, so I am happy to put out these reviews, but in order to make sure that there are no misunderstandings, I want to post the terms under which I will review anything offered to me.
If it's in a kitchen, has to do with a kitchen, is used by anyone who cooks (whether professionals or amateurs), is enjoyed by anyone who eats, or is tangentally associated with food or food production in any way, you're halfway there.
This includes, but is not limited to, food, beverages, utensils, pots, pans, dishes, things for cleaning pots, pans and dishes, clothing, appliances, jewelry and what-have-you. I will also graciously dine at any restaurant to which I am invited. I accept both prose and poetry, textbooks, cookbooks, novels, and photo essays.
I will, however, adhere to the following policies:
- I reserve the right to post whatever content I want, with or without photos, logos or URL links, at my discretion.
- I reserve the right to post my true feelings on any product or service. I promise to be fair and accurate, but if something moves me to speak negatively about the subject in question, I will do so.
- I reserve the right to disclose that any product I review was sent to me for that express purpose.
- I reserve the right to include a link that will direct my readers to purchase the item, such that a sale via that link may generate a commission.
- Unless return is requested in writing in advance of shipment, I reserve the right to keep all items sent to me ad infinitum. Such return will only be processed if the item is sent with a pre-paid shipping label for its return.
- I reserve the right to refrain from posting anything at all.
To make a long story short, I will post what I want on my blog or on my website. Also, for what it's worth, there's enough negativity out there. Sometimes I may decide that if I don't have anything nice to say, I probably shouldn't say it. But I might decide otherwise, as well.
Also, I might mention: I am not partial to requests that I "put the word out" for anyone or anything. That's what advertising is for. You can pay me to put an ad on my website (150x150: $7/wk or $20/mo, paypal accepted )
If you agree with the above policy, feel free to send your product or invitation to me:
Chef JoAnna, Inc.This venue is a Mailboxes Etc. type of service, where an employee is available to provide a signature for deliveries if necessary.
12021 Wilshire Blvd. #240
Los Angeles, CA 90025-1206
You may send requests for other information by clicking here.