bacon mat 4 mike
Could there be anything more beautiful than an entire sheet of crispy bacon? Ideas for best utilization of this marvel of culinary technology:
1) after forming it, drape the mat over a bowl and baking it so that it formed a cup. (as i said in Kathie's post, "Take THAT, taco salad bowls made of deepfried tortillas!")
2) Set a beautiful, perfectly poached egg on top. I think poached eggs are more attracive on a plate than fried eggs, but i guess you could use a fried egg.
3) Bacon sticks together well during cooking, so I'm pretty sure that it would stay together enough to form the base of a canapé.
4) Paint the BaconMat™ with beaten egg yolk so that the design cooks in a different color. (this was baked, btw)
5) You could ''brand'' the BaconMat™ with initials and use them as edible placecards.
What else? Any suggestions?