February 08, 2005

Taking a moment to write about this blog.....

I haven't blogged for a while, I know.

I hate to say it but I've had better things to do! Not that I find the blog a waste of time, au contraire! it's that I haven't been able to fit in the quality time with my computer. Even now, I'm multitasking. I'm on hold with the computer place, I've got one of those blemish-yanking strips on my nose, whitestrips on my teeth, and I'm letting my toenail polish dry while I'm blogging. go me.

My computer's been dead. right now I'm tapping away at my husband's laptop, which actually belongs to my husband's company, technically, but that he has had exclusive use of, so he keeps it here at home so that he can check his work e-mail and stuff... except now I've commandeered it while my machine is in the shop.

I've been working more days than ever: actually, more days on than off! For a few weeks there, I was actually living the life that I had set as my goal: three personal chef clients and a party every weekend. Let me tell you, that's a lot of work. I love it, so it's okay, but I was really starting to feel burnout creeping in.

I spent the entire month of january doing recruiting because january is supposed to be dead for caterers. ha. I was still busy every weekend!

I was "Miss January" on the mactopia site, which is pretty f'ing cool. Click here to see Yours Truly featured as the computer-geek-slash-chef.

Also, early this month, I managed to incorporate my business for the low, low price of $800.

My website, despite all the critiques I get from my IRL geek friends and online acquaintences, is actually generating business! People google me. People click on my site. People hire me. It's awesome.

I'll try to be a better online friend. I got hell for deleting the old blog, because the people who read it couldn't continue reading it... but as I said for that one, and as I continue to say for this one, I'm writing it for me. it's a journal, not a newsletter, but if you find something interesting, enjoy. I welcome comments, but I'm no big supporter of free speech, so if I don't like it, I reserve the right to delete it.

Now, to go remove all the strips, tabs and beauty aids affixed to my body, so I can go get the computer that the tech-dude just told me is repaired and complete! Hurrah!

Technorati Tags: in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to the great deal of spam I get in the comments, you need to register before you can post a comment. Apologies for the inconvenience.