March 20, 2005

Sadly, the Magic 8 Ball only answers "yes and no" questions.

My goal for the end of 2005 was to be three personal chef jobs per week and at three catering gigs every month. Well, it's only the middle of March, and I'm already reaching that goal. And it's important to me that I've reached it, but now I've got to set them higher and I don't know what I want to do.

I'm not into world domination, I'm not even into Southern California domination. I just want to do such a great job that my current clients keep calling, and be the kind of boss that people want to work for. I want to have a good time.

That's my ultimate goal: learn how to relax when I'm not working, enjoy myself when I am working, be a good boss to my employees, and get paid. In that order. It's not a question of not working hard...I have never shyed away from hard work, and I take a lot of pride in my work... it's more a question of keeping perspective. It's easy for me to forget everything else and never come up for air.

Oh, and I owe you restaurant reviews for Amuse (Venice), The Park (San Luis Obispo), and Mama Voula's (West L.A.).


Last thing I ate or drank: my usual latte

Technorati Tags: in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to the great deal of spam I get in the comments, you need to register before you can post a comment. Apologies for the inconvenience.