January 30, 2006

Welcome Stephanie!

Another important development in the arena of entrepreneurship and business management is that today I've hired my first regular (albeit part time) administrative assistant. Let me take this opportunity to publicly welcome S.L. to my company! It's a big step for me professionally, and I'm excited about it! (I wasn't even this giddy when I got my corporate credit card with the five-digit line of credit!)

I think she's going to do a great job. She's very professional and detail oriented. That's such a big deal for me, since there are so many details to what I do.

I hired her so that I can have a little more free time, but I think that's overly optimistic. I think having her on board is going to be more about stress-relief, since she'll alleviate the monkey-on-my-back stress I feel when looking at the stack of papers that's constantly staring at me, waiting to be processed.

Being a perfectionist, that sometimes means I won't do something that I can't do perfectly well. I'm also a procrastinator. Having SL here will help me to get past those things, since I can't put off what I need to do in order to make her be productive. This is going to be good.

I'm not sure if I can let go of answering the phone, though. I'll have to see how that part works out!

Last thing I ate or drank: Fuji apple. My favorite!

Technorati Tags: in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to the great deal of spam I get in the comments, you need to register before you can post a comment. Apologies for the inconvenience.