Sweetnicks wrote that in this Sunday's issue of PARADE Magazine, Sheila Lukins of Silver Palate fame lists the 10 Kitchen Tools I Can't Live Without. They are listed here
But here's MY top ten (in no particular order)
1) silicone spatulas - I have at least a dozen, in lots of different colors, but my Trudeau "Greenie" is my favorite!
2) flexible, reusable cutting sheets - I buy them by the handful, too. Want a clean cutting surface, whip one of these out!
3) electric scale - I love to bake, this makes it so much easier to make my "pro" recipes, or to halve packages of stuff.
4) Spaetzle press & ricer - makes fluffy potatoes, smooshes apples, and makes spaetzle!!!
5) immersion blender - much easier to clean than a regular blender
6) wustoff chef's knife - 10 inches of carbon steel, baby.
7) coffee mill - never used for coffee, but used for turning dried spices into dust.
8) cast iron grill pan - great for any kind of meat, veggies, and even for making my version of chapati.
9) microplane - nothing is better for fluffy clouds of parmesan or delicate citrus zest.
10) wooden skewers - used for testing cakes, propping things up, holding things closed, and all sorts of other uses!
I could probably add a few more, but I'm about to go to Border rill with my sweetie!!
What's on your list?
Last thing I ate or drank: tic tacs, the white ones, this time!
Technorati Tags: Food and Drink in Los Angeles